Connor's Counter

baby

Friday, March 19, 2010

Family in town

JR came into town for work a couple of weeks in a row. One night we had him over for takeout and invited M & A to come over with Ryan. It was a fun night...


(Ron looks like the Hulk breaking out of the floor...)


JR catching some baby time with Connor.


Aaron and family are happy! on the couch! (Rare footage of Ryan smiling in a picture :).


I love this picture of Adrianne. She looks like she's in purry land...

Diane flew to CA for spring break to spend some time with her new boyfriend. She seems to favor the long-distance relationships... We flew Joe to Portland to help us with the property, and they ended up on the same flight -- there and back! Since Diane had a 2 hour layover, we had lunch at the airport. It was so nice of her to go through security twice for us!! :) Thanks Diane! It was good to see you! And Thanks to Joe for coming out and helping Ron. He needs all the help he can get!






Paul came in about 10 minutes after Diane had boarded her plane. Too bad they missed each other. We flew Paul out to help Ron also. From what I hear, they're getting alot done!

After I picked up Paul and Joe, we went to see the Tram in downtown portland. It's a cable car that goes from the waterfront up to the OHSU hospital on the hill. It's a great scenic view and a fun ~5 minute ride up and another 5 down. (or vice versa). At the top, there's this fun little veranda that you can see everything from. Well, everything that isn't covered by clouds. Imagine on a clear day... It was still a great view!








After the little tour downtown, we went to Costco to buy some food for the week. We take Connor's friends into the store with us to keep him occupied. It's funny because he's not much bigger than they are!


I made three mistakes: 1) I didn't stop by the house to drop off luggage/stroller first, 2) I decided to stock up on coupon items since I wasn't sure if I'd be back that week (diapers and wipes are on coupon!! you have to stock up while you can!), and 3) I bought way too much food. I'm not a Costco Rookie, so this shouldn't have happened... but it did. As we were checking out, Joe assured me "It'll fit, no problem". I wasn't so sure, so I surveyed the situation, trying to visualize the room in the back seat and in the way back of the truck. I determined I could do it. After we paid and got out to the car, I opened the back and heard this from Joe: "S***! It won't fit!" (He made a little rhyme :). "I can do it" I said. So I set to work stacking and piling and puzzling things together. All the while, Paul is volunteering to stay at Costco with the loot while I dropped stuff off and came back. "No, No, I can do it!" We even tried calling Ron, but he couldn't get off early -- even though he was going to try. 1/2 hour later, this is what we ended up with. It fit!! :) I ROCK.





I told Joe he could put the paper towels on top of the box in the middle, but he insisted it was more comfy on his lap.


Paul didn' thave it too bad... we could have fit more! :)


Paul went to church with us on Sunday. Joe decided to stay home. He's actually snapping the shot of us together, but I think he was still asleep.... :)




We have more family coming in a couple of weeks, so I'll keep posting pics. Check back later!

2 comments:

Lindabee said...

I knew Britney could get it all in....you should have seen her at age 2 pick up the blocks...in perfect order and they all fit.

imbritney said...

yeah, I remember that, too. Though I thought I was more like 5 than 2....