Connor's Counter

baby

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

money, money, money, money! MONEY!

Well, I just got the insurance statement from my hospital stay with Connor. 4 days, 3 nights, a c-section and a circumcision, plus some miscellaneous drugs and supplies = $17,282.15. (Not including the doctor visits from my OB and from our pediatrician). We will have to wait and see what my share of that is, since my insurance needs more information about "medical necessity" from the provider to figure out liability... whatever. in any case, Connor is worth every penny! Especially since insurance WILL pay... (Plus the ~$6,000 it took to get us pregnant in the first place -- we didn't pay much of that, though).

(Edited Dec 10, 2009): I found out my co-pay is only $100. And, the figure above didn't include the additional ~$3,500 for "infant services". Which is also a $100 co-pay. I guess all those years of paying for insurance paid off.... :)

2 comments:

BC Thompson Family said...

Gotta love hospital and dr bills...oh thank goodness you have insurance and they should cover a lot of that...but man isn't it crazy what they can charge you for! Connor sure is worth every penny..he is a keeper!

mrs s said...

wow. medical costs stink. crazy. i paid $100 for abby and $6,000-$7,000 for avery (had really, really good insurance w/ the school district.) you're right--worth every penny!