Connor's Counter

baby

Friday, July 18, 2008

Who says 34 is old?

I haven't been very good with Journals in the past. I think I have 4 or 5 of them that are half-started. Starting from when I was ~5 years old. I've read through a few of them, and they're mostly jibberish. So, my goal is to start writing meaningful things about my life. Without records and documentation, it's easy to feel as if it never happened...

I was inspired by my sister-in-law (Ashley) to start setting goals on my birthday. The ones we set at the New Year seem so fleeting. And, what better time to start than the start of your own birth year. Well, today is my birthday. Yes, I'm 34. And this is my blog! Here's a few pictures to kick-start this thing:
This is a picture of Ron and I in Idaho for the Edwards' family reunion that just happened over the fourth of July. They borrowed some jet ski's from Ron's cousin -- totally nice of Chris to loan these to us! They were pretty powerful little water rockets! We took them to Red Fish Lake where we outran any of the boats that were around. This was taken shortly after Ron had tipped us both into the water. You can see my mascara is running. You can also see how red I am. I got pretty burned that day! I didn't realize how long it's been since I saw the sun.


Here's another picture of the sawtooth mountains, very beautiful:


Today started out kind of crumby. We had an appointment with the Oregon Department of Revenue about our tax audit. This thing has been going on for about 3 months, with no end in sight! We did make progress today, so that's good. I happened to fall today because, in a cruel twist of fate, it was today or three weeks from today. Who wants to prolong these types of things longer than usual? We cleared up some stuff about our return and Ling (the auditor) said she would be done with the calculations in 2-3 months since schedule C's are low priority.... oh well, less time for the Fed's to get on board after she finishes.

After that, though, the day took a nice turn. We went out for lunch. Ron tried to get the waitress at Red Robin to sing "Happy Birthday" to me, but I asked her not to. I would have relented, but I didn't want the sundae that came with it since I was so full already. And what's the point of having them sing to you if you don't get a free sundae?

Ron and I had both taken the whole day off so we could spend time together. He asked me what I wanted to do, and I said "take a nap". I know that sounds lame, but you have to consider that we never get any down time.... He agreed, and we went home and took a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day. It was so great!! I haven't felt so good waking up in a very long time. I usually don't sleep very good at all. In fact, I just had a sleep study done and was diagnosed with severe apnea. Sucks. I knew I'd have a problem because everyone in my family that gets tested has apnea. Even aunts and uncles on my dad's side. I'll have to go back in 3 weeks to get fitted for my mask and CPAP. not looking forward to wearing that at night.

I hope this post finds you fat and happy! And here's a tradition I'd like to start: at the end of each post, I'll try to include a fun new quote.

My quote for the day:
"Being unforgiving is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."
-author unknown

1 comment:

Mr. Wendel said...

I'm pretty fat. I'm pretty happy. I'm not sure if I'm happier than I am fat, or fatter than I am happy.