Connor's Counter

baby

Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Mub-Mub-Mub"

Why is it that when connor is happy and playing he says "da-da-dad" with a happy gleeful voice. But when he is sick or tired or poopy he says "mub-mub-mub" with sobs and whines? I guess I should be excited that he's finally saying "mub" at all. Anyway, it's nice to know he'll come to me with his problems. :)

By the way, it seems like Connor is sick ALOT. It's always something... a few weeks ago it was a rash on his neck/chin that the dr couldn't diagnose. We did everything from keeping it dry (teething drool) to lotrimin (yeast) to cortizone cream (excema) to antibiotics (bacterial infection)... it FINALLY went away after a couple of MONTHS and 10 days of a STRONG antibiotic. It's starting to come back a little, but we're keeping lots of cream on it. Then, he promptly got a cold and had a few rough nights and now he has a fever and refuses to eat anything. We're going on day 5 where all he eats are bottles. no worries, I'm making sure he has the minimum requirement for nutrition, but this is a kid that was eating regular table food -- sometimes more than me! Now he refuses. I'm so worried. But, I don't want to go to the dr. again because they're usually pretty useless. They don't know any more than I do what is going on... :( my poor guy. So far, the fever hasn't gone above 101.2... I'm monitoring closely. I hope he gets better soon.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

How sad! Poor kid. I hope it all gets better soon.

Btw, I totally knew he was nine months old, not six months old. What I was thinking is that he is six months older than Oliver. I can't believe I said that. I am losing my mind though...leaving keys in the front door, forgetting things, etc. So that is my excuse.

imbritney said...

I still don't have my brain back and it's almost 11 months later... I get it. No worries. :) I'm getting ready to post some super-cute pics of Connor and Oliver together. Super cute! stay tuned... :D