Connor's Counter

baby

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This time last year...

Remember all of the SNOW from last year? Well, I do, all too well. I'm just hoping we don't see a repeat! It's cold enough, though that we might (12 degrees last night! BRRR!). So, last year Ron and I were going to host all of the Edwards' here in Portland for Christmas. And then we weren't. And then we were.... and then the snow cancelled any hope of having family with us. So then we were going to travel, but then the snow prevented that too. All the planes were grounded anyway, so we would have been stuck in the airport. So, for Christmas, it was just us and the cats. and my 1-month pregnant belly.

It was so bad, in fact, that the zoo lights shut down the whole week before Christmas. We were so bumbed! We even went on Christmas eve with our friends Julie and Jared without knowing it was closed. So disappointing. But then, they opened back up after Christmas to make up for it. So, we went with Aaron & Megan and Ryan. I'm hoping to go again this year, I just don't know when I'm going to make time for it (what with getting ready for traveling and everything).

Here we are, in the FREEZING cold.




Ryan was a little skeptical about all of the life-size animals running around. He didn't really get into it too much. Aaron did, though! :)


Here's Megan on the train. Luckily, it was only a short, 15 minute ride, because a train ride makes the air even COLDER. It was fun, though, because we got to see a bunch of the lights withough having to trek around in the cold. (Much faster this way!)


The PDX Zoo decorates the train in lights, so you can see it coming through the tunnel. It's really cool in real life. I didn't have the equipment or inclination to set up for night shots of the train (it was TOO COLD). So, here are my measly attempts at a shot of the train. Not too bad, but could have been better...






This year, we are going to Arizona for Christmas, and then to Idaho after. How could we deprive anyone from visiting with Connor? :) Ha, Ha, just kidding. Actually, I'm pretty excited to go, mostly to see family and see how Connor likes Christmas. We'll have sunshine in AZ and snow in ID, so we'll get a taste of both extremes... (I haven't been this excited for Christmas since I was a kid!) I'm not going to kid myself, the traveling with an infant will be painful. But, I think it will be worth it. Otherwise, the next time anyone might see our little man will be next summer when he's already a year old! He needs to know his family, right? Wish me luck!

No comments: