Connor's Counter

baby

Friday, August 22, 2008

*Our House....*


Is a very, very, very fine house! with two cats in the yard.... life used to be so hard! :)

Yes, this is the current state of our future (distant future) home. it's actually starting to look less like a jail cell and more like a structure. The piece here is just the garage, but it has an apartment above, so definitely livable. We won't start the main structure for a while yet, but it's fun to dream about it.

Yes, you might think we're crazy, biting off way more than we can chew (what with working full time, renovating the house we live in, building a new house 3 hours away, foster kids, cats). Yes, it all adds up, but better to do it now while we're young, right? This is more of an investment than anything, so I don't feel too guilty about it. A little overwhelmed sometimes. We do alot of the work ourselves. (We contracted out the framing.... but now it's our turn to do the siding! :)).

Anyway, before you ask if you can come visit, keep in mind that we still have to drive to the state park to use the bathroom... it's a slooooww process. (We've had the land for 4 years, and this is as far as we've gotten! :).

On the way up to Brinnon (pictured above), we stopped by Wendel's and Ashley's house. (My bro and his wife). They took us to see some cool parts of Seattle we'd never been to before. We ate at this really yummy restaurant called the Rusty Pelican. (I should've taken pictures...). Then we went to Alki Park (I think?). These are some of my favorite shots:









You know, I thought I would like the blue (less exposed) night shots better, but now looking at them, the red (more exposed) looks like the city is on fire. I like it!!

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." Newt Gingrich

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Your house in Brinnon is coming along. It looks good from what I can see.

The pictures you took turned out good. I haven't even looked through all of ours yet. Thanks for coming and hanging out with us. (And yes, it's called Alki, but it's Alki Beach, not park...not that it matters.)

Mamie Coffey said...

your house looks awesome. I want to see it. you guys are really working hard on it. BTW, i love that song "our house.. is a very very fine house ;) Great pics. what a fun trip. wish I coulduh been there!